What is the role of a mentor towards his mentee?
The role of a professional mentor is to boost the professional and personal development of the mentee. They do this by sharing their experience, knowledge and expertise. They build their relationship with the business men on the basis of mutual trust, communication and respect. During the program they exchange ideas, set goals for future development and discuss the growth and progress.
Professional mentoring in Melbourne has number of benefits associated with it. It is beneficial to both business and personal development. Here are a few benefits:
Benefits for the mentees
Undertaking a professional mentoring program is one of the most effective and valuable development opportunities one can receive. Having the motivation, guidance, support and encouragement of an experienced and trusted mentor will give your business and its employees a lead to improve their performance.
Some key benefits of mentoring programs include:
- Exposure to different ways of thinking and unique ideas.
- Assistance on overcoming your weakness and developing strengths.
- Guidance on advancement and professional development.
- An opportunity to develop advance knowledge and new skills.
- It will develop a better cultural and professional environment within your business.
- It enhances leadership skills
- You can share the company behaviours.
- It will enable you to improve you staff performance, morale and motivation.
- Moreover, it will help you to engage, retain and grow performers.
You can also conduct mentoring program for the employees in your workplace. This will enhance their skills and in turn giving out better performance.